How to make an Instagram post with PosterMyWall
Looking for Instagram post ideas? Make engaging Instagram posts in minutes and get more followers by directly publishing.
Note: You need an Instagram Business account to publish content via PosterMyWall.
You can now create engaging Instagram posts in minutes and get engagement by directly publishing via PosterMyWall.
With direct publishing, you can post on your Instagram from any device, even your laptop. This saves you time needed to open the Instagram app on your phone, upload the photo and add a caption. Instead, you can design content and publish to Instagram all from your preferred device.
You can also use direct publishing to simultaneously post content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It’s the perfect social media solution for a busy marketer.
Watch the above video tutorial or continue reading to learn more about direct publishing on Instagram:
Create an Instagram post
To create your Instagram social media post:
- Open your My Stuff on any device.
- Click the downward arrow on your design to find the ‘Publish to Social Media’ option.
- Connect your Instagram business account by clicking ‘Manage Accounts’.
- Click ‘Add Account’, then click the purple Instagram button. Click the Add Instagram Account link.
- You’ll then be asked to login to your Facebook account and connect your Facebook page with your Instagram Business account.
- Click ‘Allow’ for posting permissions asked on behalf of Instagram. This allows you to publish Instagram content via your My Stuff page.*
- Now enter your caption and hit publish.
If you haven’t purchased the design, you can still publish the design, but the post will contain a PosterMyWall watermark.
To publish via PosterMyWall, you need to use an Instagram Business account. You can convert your personal Instagram to a business account by following the steps laid out in this article.
Video content needs to be anything between 3 seconds to 60 seconds to be published on Instagram. See file requirements below.
File size and dimensions
The following are various file requirements for content that can be published on Instagram:
- Images no larger than 8MB
- Videos no larger than 100MB
- Maximum file width: 1440px
- Minimum file width: 300px
- Aspect ratio: Between 0.8 and 1.91 (we recommend using Instagram post or square video presets)
And that’s everything you need to know about direct publishing on Instagram.
Note: Videos may take time to publish, owing to their large file size. It may take up to 5 minutes for the system to process and publish the video to Instagram on your behalf.
*Social media publishing will not work unless all requested permissions are granted.